Are you surethat you are plugged into the line-in?  It sounds to me like
you're in the mic in.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
[mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dale E. Heltzer
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 11:05 AM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: LineIn Recording won't stay Selected for Soundblaster Audigy

I have the output of my stereo input to the LineIn on the Audigy
sound-card. I Select LineIn for recording with the System Volume
Control, but in never "sticks." I must first Select Microphone (which
brings forth a badly distorted feed from my stereo. Only then can I
Select LineIn. The Creative volume control is tied to the System Volume
Control.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

TIA

This inbound email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.