Sorry, but I haven't been paying attention to this thread, so I don't know if this is the answer or not, but it looks like Jamal Mazrui's FileDir application, which you can get at http://www.empowermentzone.com/dirsetup.exe, supports the creation of playlists. Here's what it says in the documentation:

Use the Play List command, Control+Shift+L, to create a .m3u file with references of tagged items to play sequentially. Types may include .mp3, .wav, or .cda (the extension of a track on a standard audio CD). FileDir prompts for the name of the play list to create, defaulting to PlayList.m3u in the current directory. Focus is then placed on that file (if in the same directory), so you can simply press Enter to execute the play list. Note that if you want to play tracks on an audio CD, however, you need to save the play list in another directory that permits the creation of new files.

Don Breda wrote:
Hi Steve.

Yes your right of course and I wish there was a small utility to just convert the bm file to a real playlist. While the solution Chris suggests isn't a bad one it doesn't eliminate the work of combining each separate lplaylist file created with Chris's aproach in to a real playlist.

Yes I could keep them all in a folder and use file manager to click on each different playlist file but I want a solution that just creates a real playlist that gets appended to by the mere press of a key combination such as when adding a bookmark.

Well I have beaten this thread to death at this point and may just write the winamp authors with the suggestion.

Not a big deal its not the end of the world.

Don