For whatever reason, Explorer only shows me options for Name, size,
type, artist, album title, year, track number, duration, show in groups,
auto arrange, and aline to grid. No Last Modified! I'm running XP Home.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
[mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 12:09 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Searching for files by last modified

Hi Donovan.

I'm using XP, so I'll tell you how to get this working in it.

Go to the folder where your music is located.

Select View from the menu, and select Choose Details.

This will bring a list of what you can view by.  Make sure the modified
item is checked, then hit OK.

Now, select the View menu again, and select Arrange by.  This brings up
a submenu.  Modified should now be visible there.

A neat feature in XP.  If you are viewing by a specific method, such as
modified, select that option again to reverse the sort order of the
files.

That's all there is to it.  Hope this is useful.

Kevin Minor
kmi...@insightbb.com