Hello okay thank you for that.
Now where can you get this program from the free down load I mean and do you then just use the default settings or what settings do you use after you have down loaded and installed the program.

Casey
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Pierce" <kellyt...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: needing some good audio settings for cd ex when ripping classic rock cds and cds with heavy metal on them

Casey,

If you want the best possible results, consider switching to Exact
Audio Copy.  It is free and is as accessible with a screen reader as
CDEX is.  With EAC, you can easily use the latest version of the Lame
MP3 encoder.  CDEX uses one from five years ago or so.  EAC scans each
disc several times and then rips the nearest match to perfection it
finds.  It sometimes will scan a track more than 20 times to create a
digital file with the fewest errors.

The ultimate would be to use Exact Audio Copy and FLAC, the Free
Lossless Audio Codec.  This will give you a version that sounds
exactly the same as your audio CD at about one half to one third the
file size.  These rips are absolutely magnificent.  FLAC files play in
Winamp and on the Victor Reader Stream.

Kelly