I sent you the following response a few days ago. Not sure if you saw it or not. What file format are you using? What do you mean by "best"? Are you looking for the best ratio between file size and quality? If not, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use a 320 bit rate and/or the insane preset. Unless you're worried about file size, this will give you the best quality.

I haven't used CDEX in a while, and I'm not sure what you mean by "best." From what you're saying, I'm guessing you don't are about the size of the resulting file. For my part, I rip everything into MP3 files. In CDEX, you can use F4 to bring up settings and control-tab over to the Encoder tab. Here, you can tab around and find a list of Quality Presets. There's an insane option, which will adjust all of the encoder settings to give you maximum quality with no regard for the size of the resulting file. I'm not sure if you see this preset with other file types or not. I'm no audiophile, so if you are then I'd suggest listening to others on this list, looking through the help for CDEX and researching other options and settings with something like Google.

Casey wrote:
Hi okay I have the newest version of cd ex and I have ben trying different bit rates and some different presets.
I can't really decide witch one give the best results.
I would like to rip my stuff off of my cd's at about 224 up to 320.
Now I was once told you try the cbr preset witch I have tried.
But I now come to all of you that use cd ex to rip like some rock and metal and various other types of music with cd ex. I come to ask all of you for the best settings to use that you are happy with so that I may give them a try and see if there is some that I may like to use. So thank you all and I will look forward to reading any responses that will be received on this.

Casey

Christopher

cchalt...@austin.rr.com