why don't you same the same fiels reopen them in goldwave and then convert them in to MP3 that way ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vinny Samarco" <vin...@hughes.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:13 AM
Subject: Fw: Can Someone help me figure out the best way to do this largeaudio project?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vinny Samarco" <vin...@hughes.net>
To: "blindtech" <blindt...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 7:58 AM

Hi,
Pardon the Length of this post, but I am stuck, and need some suggestions.

My Goal is to take a large number of spoken word recordings from cassette and transfer them to mp3 cds, where I can place a large number of messages . If possible, I would like my results to be 16 byt and 64k. Here is what I have tried to do so far using Windows xp, Window-eyes and goldwave. 1. I have Recorded the messages from cassettes and saved the resultant files as wave files. The only reason I couldn't save them as mp3 files directly is that Q points can't be saved in goldwave. Then I used cdex to turn wave files to mp3 files. The problem is, at least with my limited understanding of cdex, that I can't get the byt rate below 32, though I can preserve q points. Is there an accessible program that will give me the 16 byt rate I want? Or is there a better way to do this project? I have looked at sound taxi, and but could not get prompts to read well. I might try the switch program.
Thank you for any help and suggestions.
Vinny Samarco