Nope. It's not a plug issue. It appears to be in issue coming from the input as we record off the Stereo mixer on the sound card. There's no problem whatsoever with the output. initially. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Stewart" <paga...@wi.rr.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: strange issue with SBLive sound card

Sounds like a plug might not be inserted all the way. If you partially pull out a stereo plug (especially the 1/8 in. mini type) you'll very often get the effect you discribe.

B B

Roger

Joy Tilton wrote:
WE're having an issue with the SBLive, where when we record using either Gold wave or any other recorder, whatever is recorded ends up sounding like the bass is all gone, and it's got a weird expanded stereo effect as if the connection has a bad ground without the hum. This only occurs when playing back a file just recently recorded. we're using SBLive as the input and output device.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4163 (20090617) __________

http://www.eset.com