You shouldn't need sighted assistance, you aren't going to hurt anything if you listen to the beginning of shows to determine what to watch.
On Jul 20, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Petro T. Giannakopoulos wrote:

As far as I know you cannot view your recordings on your computer. Do you have the older TiVo branded DirecTV box or the newer DirecTV branded TiVo? The older TiVo's make sound beeps through tv speakers while the newer DirecTV DVRs do not make this sound. I have the older Tivo box from DirecTV. Most likely you will need sighted assistance with watching your recordings your DVR has made for you.