RayMy only comment Mathew is to say that these two programs are amed at
different needs.

Total Recorder is focused primarily on capturing sound from line or streaming
sources.  there is some editing capability built in, but comapred to sound
Forge this is secondary.

As for audio quality, well by the time the digits get to the software they've
undergone some processing to do so, at least via the line inputs of your
computer.  so, it is the hardware, i.e. soundcard, that determines audio
quality more than the software you are using to record and edit stuff.

(Certainly though Total recorder is a lot cheper than Sound forge.)
Ray.

Matthew_2010 wrote:
Hi all,

Would many on this list consider Total Recorder to be a superior product to
Sound Forge? To make things easier for me, I'm hoping those who have used
both of these applications might rate each on a score from 1 to 10 where 1
is very poor and 10 is very good. I would very much appreciate the feedback
from those of you that know lots of this stuff. I'm specifically concerned
with quality of recordings.

Thanks,

Matthew