Did you purchase version 9 as an upgrade? If so you will want version 8 on your machine until you have version 9 installed and registered. I found that I had a real problem getting version 9 upgrade to work when I installed it on a machine that did not have version 8, because it couldn't find version 8 during registration and just puting in the version 8 serial number didn't seem to satisfy the registration routine. On the machine that I had version 8 installed on version 9 went in and registered with no problems at all.

----- Original Message ----- From: "JardataMailServices" <jardatalearningcen...@jardata.biz>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:27 PM
Subject: Installing SoundForge 8 and 9 on same machine

Hello List!

I have had SoundForge 8 on my Windows XP Pro machine for several years. I now own SoundForge 9. Can I install SoundForge 9 on this machine along with SoundForge 8? I see that there is a SoundForge 8 folder in the Sony Folder in Ptrogram Files and SoundForge 9 would be in its own folder as well; however, I notice that there is a Shared Plug-Ins Folder in the Sony Folder and there would be a Shared Plug-ins Folder in the SoundForge 9 Folder. Would the two Shared Plug-Ins Folder conflict or are the files in each one different and they would just share the same folder? I can remove SoundForge 8 if necessary or I could just make a second Sony folder during SoundForge 9 Installation if necessary. Tell me what is necessary. I want SoundForge 8 to remain until I see if SoundForge 9 works properly.

Do let me know what is appropriate.

James Robinson