Andy, I can't find any of the messages now, but we had a similar thread to
this a month or more back.

I can't recall the higher end sound card that was recommended then, but hope
someone can.  the simple answer would be the M-Audio cards, but they've gone
and screwed up the mixer software for their cards something rotten so that the
sound panel, which was accessible, is no longer so.

I'm always hearing about the Turtle Beach sound cards from those in the U S ,
but I've not seen them advertized here.

sorry if none of that helps greatly, but maybe someone will come back, re.
that earlier thread.
Ray

Bue Vester-Andersen wrote:
Hi John,

Thanks for the advice. I must admit that I discarded the Sound blaster
cards in advance. I suppose the digital connections will be ok, since a bit
is a bit. However, their d/a-converters don't have a very good reputation
with me. Maybe they have improved, or maybe I am just prejudiced, but I was
originally going for a more high-end solution. Do Sound blaster actually
make high-end cards, or is is it just gaming and surround stuff, like I
thought it was? Are there any good alternatives?

Best regards
Bue