Hi!

I've got what perhaps may be an easier option for you than Total Recorder, will cost a little more but will probably do a better job.

There are "DVD/VCR combo" units available from brands such as Panasonic which both play and record DVD'S and video cassettes so therefore it follows you can dubb from one to the other at the touch of a button.

I've had my Panasonic model for nearly 4 years now and I wouldn't be without it for the very reasons you've written to me in the first place <smile>.

If you'd rather capture images onto your computer and dubb them across to another media then you'll need to use Total Recorder video Professional, I don't own this product as yet so I can't give you all that information about it, I plan to upgrade to it next week so in the meantime you may consider reading some of the primers on Total Recorder Video Professional and how to capture video etc which can be found on Total Recorder's web site at http://www.totalrecorder.com

Good luck with all that, sounds exciting.