The aph product is called studio recorder.

Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:29 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: RE: Sony Software have come to their senses

Well, first off, we're into the vagueries of currency exchange rates here
and I've no idea of the value of the Australian Doller vs. other currencies.

Re. Sound Studio, yes it's a bargain, but I beleive there aren't scripts for
it in the JFW world.  Seem to remember Jim Snowbarger of Sound Forge Scripts
fame has said he'd have to start from scratch with Sound Studio if he was to
do scripts for it.  Window-eyes may eventually get more scripting for this
and Sound Forge in particular.  They've just appointed a proffessional
script writer who maybe also will co-ordinate much needed work on scripting
for audio editors.

I've been a long time user of SF7 and find it very easy to use.  It has been
described as being the equivelant of word processing for audio, and that's
how I find it when I do our weekly talking newspaper.  I understand SF9 is
faster and of course is multi-channel, though not multi-track.

To me Goldwave seems less intuitive but I am pretty sure I'd have got used
to the different way of working if that's what I'd had four or five years
back.
You certainly cannot quible at the price;  very good value for money.  I do
find too that in it's evaluation mode it handles file conversion more
straightforwardly than Sound Forge does.

Remember though that if you want an audio editor that's very easy for vi
users then of course it has to be Sound Studio, I think it's called, from A
P H.
More expensive than Goldwave but really good for narration and spoken word,
but I believe people now do good voice over work with it and some music
related stuff, though it doesn't support noise reduction plug-ins.

Ray

Judy W wrote:

You may not be in the United States, but here Sound Forge has never cost
$900.

Regards,
Judy