I've met the pocket.  It's tiny, like a mobile phone.  I think you must be
confusing it with another product in the range.
Amie

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Tim Noonan
Sent: 21 December 2009 01:54
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: digital recorders

Actually the Olympus DM series is more a music than a voice machine - hence
the M in its name. Though it isn't semi-pro in its recording capabilities.

I am interested, though, Have you personally used and compared both
machines?

I agree that the audio quality on the Pocket, if you add external mics may
be superior, but it is much much larger than the Olympus and its in-built
mike capabilities I think are inferior to the Olympus.

 As an all-rounder player and recorder, the Pocket has much to offer, but it
is less convenient for quick recording tasks. the Olympus comes in to its
own as a 'take-anywhere' real pocket-sized recorder, with excellent balance
of features and quality for high-quality voice capture.

Regards
Tim

Tim Noonan
Director, Vocal Branding Australia
Transforming products, brands and experiences so they Sound as great as they
look and feel!

Phone:   +61 419 779 669
Web:     www.vocalbranding.com.au/blog
Email:   t...@vocalbranding.com.au