Its a wonderful! editor to use, perfectly accessible and definable, lots of nice shortcuts to allow you to edit and manipulate your audio and hear what you're doing.

robert Doc Wright wrote:
I've heard that the professional version of total recorder has an editing feature. I do not know how accessible it is. I pretty much use gold wave for everything editing. I use sound forge to record vinyl records because it has a much better click and crackle remover. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave McElroy WA6BEF" <d...@drakelroy.com>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 3:28 PM
Subject: An audio editing beginner

I'm starting from ground zero insofar as this kind of thing is concerned. At some point, I would like to put some of my records and cassettes onto the PC and I'd also like to be able to manipulate the recordings I've got on my dm520; I'm sure there are other audio tasks, oh yes, ripping cd's to a more
useable format as well.

I'm thinking if I got both Goldwave and Total Recorder I should be set.

Is this correct or will both of them do the same thing; I do not wish to be
redundant.

Thoughts are appreciated.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4707 (20091221) __________

http://www.eset.com