Hey listers, Sure hope somebody can help me with this puzzlement regarding Total Recorder.

I recently made what I believe to be the mistake of literally accidently downgrading from a higher build of TR, and in the process, had to completely uninstall TR in order to get a completely clean reinstallation. The problem I am having now is that no matter what I try within the settings of TR, for some reason, TR controls my computer's volume at startup, making it necessary to open TR in order to simply press the arrow key on its volume control to get it in line with its own position. In other words, the volume setting in TR is set as high as it will go, but it doesn't give me that volume level until I press the right arrow key, and then everything operates normally, at least as far as I can tell. I have tried every setting in the driver portion of the settings dialog box to no avail, even to the point of going to control panel and removing the driver. When I do that, my volume starts normally. I have selected the option in the drivers section "User-mode virtual device driver (Playback/Record through TotalRecorder) (Radio Button)." Under this option, I have TR using the driver only when TR is loaded, but still get apparent interference at startup with TR.

Now I have been using this program for I guess 10 years, and have never had this kind of problem. So, what gives? Is there something within the registry that I need to tweak? I guess I can live with this state of affairs, but I feel a little insulted at my inability to get to the bottom of this one, at least my technical intelligence and pride are a bit hurt :).

Any help with issue will be so greatly appreciated,

Larry