Hello all,

I'm sure to the experts on this list this is  a trivial question, but I've
been banging my head on it now for a while.

Ok I have sound forge 8.0D (I know it's old but it's all I can get my hands
on at the minute).  Now I have a file which is presently in 16-bit mono wav
format.  I want to save it as an ogg vorbis file.  However, when I do so, it
says the sample rate is 44,100.  Does anyone know why this is?  Also, does
anyone know a way, using sound forge, that I can maintain the 22050 rate?

What's interesting is that all of the ogg presets in the save-as dialog only
allow for a sample rate of 44,100 or 48,000.  They don't permit me to
down-sample.

I can do this of course using another program (goldwave, CDex etc) but I
would like, if possible to keep everything in-house and do the whole thing
using sound forge.

Many thanks for any input, and as I said apologies for what may be a daft
question.

Cheers

Dónal