Hi!

I'm reading "Back in time" through messages here so some of your questions may have been already answered so I'll see what the thread's doing as I go on <smile>.

Firstly, if you're going to buy an Ipod Touch or an Iphone then I suggest you seriously consider joining the viphone list, its a list on google groups so you may need an "invite" or to write to the moderator directly to join but you can try sending a blank email to viphone+subscr...@googlegroups.com and see what happens. I'm on the list but don't let that put you off <lol> Also note that the list gets very busy and there is a great deal of information exchanged and the iphone and Ipod Touch - being the versatile products the are - seem to bring up all sorts of topics to do with the product.

Yep, you can copy music or movies to your Ipod, you don't have to buy them from the Itunes store but you most certainly need Itunes to "Import" them to your "Itunes Library" and then "Sync" the library with your Ipod or Iphone.

Voiceover is already installed on 5th generation Nano and Touch and on Iphone 3GS, all the user need do is to turn Voiceover on, the easiest way for the user with no vision to do this is through Itunes. From the Iphone 3GS a sighted person can turn Voiceover on by going into the "Settings" menu, then "General", scroll down to "Accessibility" and turn Voiceover on from there, you can also set up the "Home" button - when "tripple clicked" to toggle Voiceover on and off, I would think that Ipod touch has a similar system to turn Voiceover on and off in the menu system as well as from Itunes.

Ipod Classic does not have Voiceover, I know people who use them and can access them but they have found that the "Itab" I think its called from Cobolt Speech Systems in the U.K. makes life a lot easier, this device plugs into the Ipod Classic dock connector and allows the Ipod Classic to speak though I'm also told that not everything is accessible. I know a lot of people say that they need the space that the Ipod Classic gives - a 160GB hard drive in the current model - but i really wonder? I mean if you use Itunes and manage your albums, tracks and the like through "Smart Playlists" then space may not be so crucial. For example I have a "Favourites" smart Playlist in Ituens which is "Synced" to my Ipod and Iphone every time Itunes is launched, this playlist contains details of the most recently played songs and I've added further isntructions to the smart playlist, play songs with a play count greater than "0", exclude various things such as podcasts, only play from one major playlist etc.

Cheers

Matthew Chao wrote:
Hi, Folks! I'm thinking of buying an IPod Touch, the 60-GB model. I have a few questions:

1.  Once VoiceOver's installed, can I delete items from the IPod?

2. If I don't buy movies from Itunes, can I copy movies to my IPod, and if so, how?

3. Are there any IPods that will do videos or pictures, or am I stuck with having to buy an IPhone?

4. Can the IPod Classic be madce accessible? Thanks in advance for your help.--Matthew Chao

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4738 (20100102) __________

http://www.eset.com

--

Dane Trethowan