To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 4:53 AM
Subject: Re: Midi recorders players

Hi: I play the guitar as well. I am brand new to recording anything and it is all rather confusing. Anyway, I will watch postings to try and learn enough to ask questions that might, hopefully, make sense. I have a Strat Guitar, a computer where I download backing tracks and an amp. I want to be able to have one headphone cable that would allow me to do things like play a backing track and practice with the guitar and amp through the headphones only. Also, then be able to record a combined track of the backing track and my playing and, perhaps, using a mic, a vocal. I am thinking of Audacity for multi track recording I guess and I am not sure about hooking up all the hardware. Also, I don't know much about midi yet and that is another whole ball of string I have to look into for adding more color to any recordings. So, you guitar types are the vanguard and I just wanted to say hi to all on the list and especially those who use the guitar to do recordings with various software and hardware including midi features. Thanks and I hope you find a midi guitar. One of my old instructors had one, sort of, it could be made to sound like other instruments like an organ or piano when he played gigs but I have long since lost touch with him. Good luck and hi.
Rick USA
yarn ofriginal Message ----- From: "Victoria Vaughan" <vrvaug...@mailzone.com>