From: "Tom Kaufman" <tomca...@comcast.net>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:29 PM
Subject: WAX File Extension

Hi list:  This may be considered a stupid question by some on here..but am
gonna ask it anyway: what (exactly)..is a "WAX" file?  Here's my reason for
asking: a little while back, I managed to save something (or at least I
thought I was saving it)..the program in question was a show that had been
archived on the WSM (Nashville Tennessee Radio station)..website; at that
time, I had no way to record the program, so I was able to "save it (the
file in question is a "WAX" file; the site has since changed..and that
particular show has been removed..and the file that I saved?  Well..it no
longer will play!  I tried converting it to an MP3 file, thinking it might
play.  But I got a message saying that the file was not a "legitimate sound
file (or something to that effect)..it suggested that I "play the file and
record it"..which..of course, won't work for me because the file no longer
play!  So I guess my question is: is there any way I can make this file
play?  Or is it "dead in the water".and the only thing I now can do with the
file is to "delete it?"  Hopefully I have explained this clearly enough so
it is understandable!  Thanks for listening.
Tom Kaufman