Hi johm, thanks for your message. i did not at the time have a suitable lead to connec the ion to my soundcard, but i have one now. my problem was, that when i tried the lead for the u s b port, and plugged it in, the computer gave a little musical tinkle as it does when something is added. but there was no accompianing request asking whether i wanted to added it. i tried again, but with the same result. i am using the lead to the soundcard successfully, and am leaving the ezconverted alone for the present. good wishes brian.