If any of you are familiar with DVD playing software that synchronizes
subtitles with the running program, you'll understand the following
question.

Imagine an MP3 file you want to stream which has many songs embedded
in it.  Think of a podcast with many sections, or a music show with
many songs being played during the course of the program.  As you
know, an MP3 file can have but one set of metadata in it which gets
transmitted when the file starts playing.  I'm wondering if there is a
program or plug-in for Winamp which can play a file and, through use
of a file similar to the .SRT files for DVD subtitles, display, or
cause to be displayed, changing metadata at various points in the
program.  If there is such a thing, or if anybody knows who might be
interested in developing such a thing, I'd be interested in
communicating with them.