You need A regular USB extension cable with an A female and an A male connector on it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petro...@yahoo.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:02 PM
Subject: NLS Cartridges

I ordered 2 blank NLS talking book cartridges from APH.org today. I will use these cartridges to download talking books and magazines from NLS online service. I don't like to use USB flash drives.

Can any of you describe what the NLS talking book cartridges look like and what kind of USB cable do I need to use to connect this to my computer's USB port in order to transfer the downloaded books. I understand it will show up as a removable drive in My Computer or Computer area. No problem there. No problem moving/copying it to the cartridge and then inserting the cardtridge into the NLS Talking Book player. I called my local library to see if the player was available and it was. I got the advanced model. I heard a very good podcast about this player on blindcooltech.com if you want to learn more about it. Right now I am waiting for the unit and never touch one of these cartridges.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.