Correction. I just reminded myself that AFP no longer seems to require the uninstallation step. So ignore it in my previous message unless you run into problems that getting rid of the old version might overcome.
----- Original Message -----
From: <mbern6...@aol.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:49 PM
Subject: problems with Adobe Flash Player

Hello everyone, I currently have Adobe Flash Player 10 active X installed on my pc. However, it doesn't seem to work at all. There's a cermon I listen to on Sunday mornings, on tfhny.org. I've suggested to the church who owns the site, that they could provide other options in addition to Adobe Flash, so that people who either didn't have, or couldn't use Adobe Flash Player, would have a variety of media players to choose from, when listening to the stream. My suggestion was well excepted. It may take some time though, before they're able to include these options on the site. So for now, I have to use Adobe Flash Player to listen. As I stated above, the current version I have doesn't work very well. When I go to the main page of the site, there's a link almost mid-way down the page that says, (live church). If you click on this on any Sunday morning between 8:30 A.M, and 1:30P.M Eastern time, a new window opens, and within a matter of seconds or so, you'll hear the stream. With older versions of the player, there was never a problem, the audio would start up right away. But with this version, I hear nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix this? or should I just upgrade to a newer version. I don't really keep up with Adobe Flash, is there a newer version available? If so, where can I go to download it? Just to make sure that my question is stated clearly, I'm trying to listen to a live stream, using Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X, but I can't hear the audio of the stream and I'd like to know what I can do to get it to play. Mike Rochester, NY. PS. I'm using windows xp home. At first, I thought that it was just a browser problem. I've tried listening to the stream on this site using both Internet Explorer 7, which is what I currently have, and Firefox 3.5, but I still can't get the audio to play.