They use an encrypted format for the books. The headphone jack is stereo.
This will play mp3 and wave formats for audio.

On 3/12/2010 at 11:38 AM DJ DOCTOR P wrote:

>Hello List members,
>I just received a new digital talking book player in the mail.
>I have a few questions about it.
>For starters, this machine can play files from a USB flash drive.
>What kind of format will those files need to be in an order for this
>machine to play them?
>I haven't tried this yet, but can this thing play in stereo?
>It has a monaural speaker built in to it.
>But I'm asking about its headphone jack.
>I have seen some digital playback equipment that had mono speakers built
>in to them before.
>But when you plug a pare of headphones in to them, the sound came out in
>stereo.
>Is this digital talking book player one of those machines that can do
this?
>Thinks in advance.
>My best regards.
>  John.
>PS. Where is a good website to download digital talking books?
>pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

        Please Join Me For djc's Jukebox
        Tuesday Afternoons from 1 to 3 Pm Eastern,
And On Saturday Nights from 9 to midnight Eastern:
http://legend-oldies.com
Please feel free to follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/djc500