Hi Brett,

my understanding is that Audacity can only record a single device. So if you
want to use audacity you could either use a hardware mixer as input or get
windows 7 to do the mixing. To do the latter:
1. Enable software playthrough for both the microphone and the line in. On the
recording page of the sound dialog, for each device, select it, press spacebar
to open its properties dialog, go to the listen page, and check the listen to
this device check box.
2. Record "stereo mix" or whatever it's called on your sound card.

David.