John,

I have two Windows XP computers using the Audiophile 24/96 card from
M-Audio.  No, Jaws scripts are not needed to use them successfully and
fully accessibly.  The manual is not well written and I needed to read
it five times or so very thoroughly before I fully understood what I
needed.  I also had a sighted person describe the interface on three
different times before I got the hang of it.  I say all of this
because I am used to reading manuals all the time and figuring
products out.  I also am highly comfortable picking through legal
statutes and regulations and analyzing them.  Somehow the Audiophile
24/96 documentation was different.  The biggest concept I faced is
that recording uses one interface configuration and optimal playing of
sound uses another interface configuration.  Additionally, the card is
adjusted on the fourth device slot rather than the first, which threw
me for a loop at first.

I have been extremely pleased with this card and find it delivers far
superior sound compared to one of the Creative cards, which I had with
my first couple of computers.

Kelly