Hello fellow pc-audio listers,
I have some brief questions regarding ripping audio cds.
1. On an audio tutorial I listened to, the narator stated that you should hold down the shift key while inserting the cd. What exactly will this action do? 2. Should I press and hold down the shift key after I close the cd drive tray? or should I hold it down as the drive tray is closing. 3. After doing this, will this cause the auto run feature in windows to be perminatly disabled? and how long should I hold down the shift key? 4. If I set windows media player to (always), I know that it will automatically begin copying the tracks from the cds I insert, however, even with this option set to always, do I still have to have windows media player running when I insert the cd?
Mike
Rochester, NY.