Here Here, likewise. I am especially keen on 16-inch radio transcription
discs.

Jamie

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of hank smith
Sent: Saturday, 26 June 2010 10:30 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: removing protection

I'll take all the reels vinyl and tapes
I collect them.
please send them my way
----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Traxler" <htraxl...@earthlink.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 2:45 PM

I don't remember this kind of thing ever being discussed back in those days.
But in those days, we didn't have the internet or e-mail and we communicated
with relatively few people.

Back in those days, I used to buy bulk open reel tape and split it into five
inch reels.  Enough for one album per reel; probably about 600 feet.  I
borrowed albums from anyone who would lend and record one to a reel.  Of
course, I would lend my albums out for the same purpose.  Quite illegal, I
would think.  I still have about 125 of those reels.

And then there were the folks who would "purchase" an album, record it to
tape (open reel or cassette) then send it back for a refund.  I never did
that one.  That wasn't fair to anyone.

But it's so much nicer now.  I have lots of open reels and cassettes, and
vinyl that I need to put into mp3 files.  It's a long job.  I'm hoping I can
find someone who wants all those reels, cassettes, and vinyl  of music and
old radio when I'm done with them.

Howard