Hi all,

I plan to purchase a Yamaha MG166C mixer, and a M-Audio Delta 44 soundcard. For obvious reasons, I don't want speech from my screen reader, and system sounds, to go through my production card (the Delta). My on-board soundcard places too much emphasis on low-end frequencies, and playing anything through its outputs sounds less than desirable. What soundcards are people using for system sounds, speech, etc? My experience has been that speech, especially Eloquence, does not sound great through pro audio cards.

Secondly, what microphones would people recommend for simple vocal applications (podcasting, recording, internet broadcasting, etc)? I'll be using this microphone with the Yamaha mixer I mentioned above, and I'm currently using a cheap Behringer dynamic (the XM8500).

--

James Scholes

--

Contact Information