okay here you go tap through the various links and look for rip menu you see a setting for rip button but the next should rip menu enter on that and you will see bit rate as one of your choices now enter on that and you will see a list of different bit rates look for the check one. if you want to change it enter on the choice you want. now put your pc curser over a song use your application key and when you find properties enter on it it look for the summery page and use the curser and read down look near the bottom and you will see what bit rate the song was ripped at. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joanne" <countrymom...@embarqmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:58 PM
Subject: how can you find bit rate info

I am trying to rip a CD using Media Player 11, and I'm not finding where, in options, it lets you set your bit rate like you used to be able to do. So I ripped one in MP3 instead of their default WMA, just to see if there's a sound difference. But I can't find bit rate info even in properties of the song. I just wondered how to find this out, and no the status line won't read this particular CD's info either. And if someone knows how to navigate Media Player's options, how do I make sure my MP3 bit rate is at the very least 128 kbps? Thanks.