From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
[mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Barry Chapman
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 11:43 PM
To: PC-Audio
Subject: Streaming advice needed

Hi all,

I am trying to stream from my PC.  I have installed the Shoutcast DNAS
server and the Shoutcast plugin for Winamp.

If I use the modem IP address of 192.168.0.1, I can stream to my laptop
over my local network, but if I use the DNS server IP
address (which I get from ipconfig/all at the command prompt), I can't
connect from my laptop and neither can a friend who I got to
try it remotely.

Is there something else I need to do?  Do I need to use a different IP
address and if so, where do I find out what it is?

I am only wanting to be able to stream to one or two friends, so I am
not interested in paying to access a remote server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry Chapman