Hi Larry and list: Well..I'm using the 'standard" version of TR, so I don't remember if this "URL" thing is an option with this version or not!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Higgins" <lhigg...@tbcnet.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: Total Record and Windows7

As I said, if you record the stream by opening the URL, you don't have to worry about hearing your synth in your recording. If you record from your receiver, you record using line in and you don't have to worry about hearing your synth either. I'll have to do some experimenting with streams using the software driver, but I don't see why you should hear speech with a netcast unless you are using the what you hear setting. That can be very frustrating until you figure that one out.

I think I'll work with some of this tomorrow just to refresh my memory about how I used to do things before I discovered recording by passing the sound card entirely with the open URL option. I'll let ya know how things turn out.