Hi, Tim! Thanks for the tip. Will use something other than the one yu mentioned. I have GoldWave and Sound Forge; have to learn them from scratch, as I haven't used them in a while.

Also, decided to get the Sony PCM-M10, as it's likely to meet my needs for a while, and it's a recorder I can grow into as my skills working with sound improve.

Would really like to take it on the go, skiing, sailing, etc., so others get a "soundscape" of my world.--Matt.

At 09:46 AM 12/11/2010, you wrote:
Matt, if you want to convert your albums to cd, I wouldn't recommend studio recorder. It doesn't have any noise reduction facilities kr click and pop removal while programs such as goldwave have these facilities. On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 08:58:37 -0500, Matthew Chao