Greetings,

On the GoldWave4TheBlind list, Steve Nutt suggested I use Levelator, I have
this but having played with auto gain, volume maximization and the like,
could not having tried it on about a minute's worth of music into speech
into music, could not resolve a decent sound.

Have a listen to the files, they're not very big, then come back with some
comments maybe.

>From Colin Howard, who lives near Southampton in
Southern England and though down here, Christmas may be
"Green" in terms of a respite from the cold weather,
won't be "Green" because his favourite news reader
Charlotte Green, who reads the news on Radio 4 is
likely to be missing into the New Year, because she
has a problem which may result in her needing
attention to her hip.  Colin is really missing his
Green voice and hopes we shall have her back soon.
Meanwhile, Colin hopes all will have an enjoyable
Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.