A few days ago someone asked about playing DRM music files
from Walmart.  Coincidentally I just received this message
and thought it might be of interest.

Tom

Managing Your Walmart Music Downloads DRM Music Files

Dear Walmart Shopper,

We hope you are enjoying your Walmart music downloads. As you
may know, back in February 2008 Walmart.com converted its
digital music site to a 100% MP3 music download site. This
means that our entire music collection is now available in a
high quality format that can easily be backed up, moved, or
transferred to almost any portable device.

Although we have moved to a 100% MP3 site, Walmart.com
continues to maintain support for DRM-protected WMA files
purchased prior to February 2008.

DRM protected WMA files may be authorized to play on up to 3
machines. The simplest way to authorize a new machine is to
copy your music files to your new machine and play them with
Windows Media Player. Playing them with Windows Media Player
will walk you through the process of authorizing your new
machine.

As described in the Walmart MP3 Music Downloads help system
(http://mp3.walmart.com/store/help/wmasupport.htm), you may
also directly authorize a machine as follows:

How To Authorize Your Computer

To authorize your computer:

1. Go to your Walmart MP3 Music Downloads Account Options
page. If you are not already signed in to your Walmart.com
account, you will need to Sign In.

2. On your Account Options page, look for the Computer
Authorization box and select Authorize This Computer.

3. When the Computer Authorization box overlays your Account
Options page, select "Authorize computer so it can play WMA
music previously purchased from Walmart Music Downloads" and
then select OK.

The Walmart MP3 Music Downloads Manager will start
transferring the licenses to your computer, and your computer
will be added to the list of authorized computers on your
you can play your WMA music files on your computer.

As always, we encourage you to back up copies of your current
.wma files by burning your music to an audio CD (CD-R) using
Windows Media Player 9 or greater.

Thank you for using Walmart.com for music downloads. We are
working hard to make our store better than ever and easier to
use.

Sincerely,

Walmart Music Team