i am sending this message, as i have found how many mistakes i made in the first one. i wouldn't want you to think i am completely stupid . i have been trying to put some data files on to dvd blanks. on my old computer using, nero7, i never had any trouble. now however, i am having plenty. i have tried using express burn, and the windows seven system, with the same result. it tells me, that there are errors in some files, and won't burn them. unfortunately, by the time that message comes up, the disc is ruined. the files involved are all files i have listened to, without being aware that there was anything wrong with them. once it said, that the errors were non critical, but no burn took place. i have today ruined three discs, as if i put any of them in i am informed that, they are not rewritable discs, and are not empty. do you know of any programme that can check files, to see if they are error free. brian.