First tip is to take a few minutes to read the appropriate sections in the
manual, the document is well laid out and is accessible through the Goldwave
Help menu, your browser will load with the manual so just select the sections
you wish to read by following the links.

Now this is only me but I don't use Goldwave for recording myself as I find
there are better alternatives for "Recording", I use Goldwave for editing of
course <smile>.

Again, only my opinion.