Hello Kathy I would use DVD audio extractor for reading dvd's and converting the chapters to either wav files or mp3 files very simple program to use and it doesn't take up much space on a computer just google dvd audio extracter in google and Google should direct you to the main site to download the program. If you have trouble with the program just access the help feature and that should help you like the help feature does on most programs. hope this helps.