That might work for some things, but it won't work with Hulu or my Slingbox. I just put a Hulu URL in the open URL dialog and had Total Recorder check it. It said it couldn't background record it, possibly because it's using an activeX control to play the stream. ----- Original Message ----- From: <cov...@ccs.covici.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: Recording streams in Windows 7 without recording screen reader.

Background recording should do the job, the stream is gotten directly
from the source, so no interference from the screen reader.

Dave Scrimenti <dscrime...@comcast.net> wrote:

I use Total Recorder with Windows XP and Jaws. In XP, I have no trouble recording a stream and not recording the Jaws voice. I can not figure out how to do this, (if it's even possible) in Windows 7. If it is possible, how do I do it? If not, is there another comparable program I can use? I normally record things like TV shows from Hulu or my Slingbox. If the only answer is to get a 2nd sound card, what would you recommend? I'd like one that goes in to the express-34 slot for my laptop rather than an external USB card because the express card would be more convenient.

How do
you spend it?

        John Covici
        cov...@ccs.covici.com