From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of chris hallsworth
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 1:01 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: To all my new headphones

Hello all.
I have just received these today and am wearing them as I speak.
It is the Sennheiser PX 210 BT.
First impressions are pretty good. You need to understand how to pair
bluetooth headphones. So does take some getting used to. It's like pairing
any other device though. If the device you're pairing with asks for a code,
enter 0000. The headphones will be paired from this point on. Future
connections will be automatic. The headphones can store up to
8 "profiles", or connections.
There is some accessibility into the device. For example, you hear an
ascending tone if the headphones and/or bluetooth is switched on, and a
descending tone when the headphones and/or bluetooth is switched off.
Yes, you can turn bluetooth on or off, because it provides the ability to be
used as a normal, wired pair. For those with some vision, there are LED
lights on the device. It also flashes blue to let you know it is working. As
for the controls, they are quite easy to feel and are spaced out. The
controls are to switch the device on or off, switch the bluetooth on or off,
and controls to manage playback of your music, such as previous and next
track. There are also volume controls too. All of which are easy to feel and
therefore accessible. No touch screens here on this thing.
As for sound quality, well it is pretty good, however it is on the soft
side. So might not be suitable for those who are severely hearing impaired.
Mind you, this can only be a good thing, as the last thing you want is
people listening to your music! So perhaps the softer sound is a bonus. I
can hear it just fine, which is the main thing.
As for the weight, they are pretty light.
How you wear it, well they go over the ears. The headband is also
adjustable. You can even fold them away too. They come in a nice carry case.
As for charging the unit, you can charge it either via the supplied USB
cable which is connected to both headphones and PC, or you can use the
supplied charger and one of several plugs that it comes with. These are to
be used for specific countries where the plug design matches that one found
in the specific country. So, for the UK plug there are three prongs, whereas
the others there are only two. For USB charging, this looks a bit tricky,
but I admit this is a new concept for me, so will need help for the first
few times. It is recommended the device is charged for at least three hours
before using it for the first time.
Unfortunately there is no audible indication that it is charging or charged,
but if you say plugged it in at 6 PM. It should be done by about 9 PM. Or
perhaps give it another hour. Then try it via bluetooth.
There are, however tones to indicate the battery is low, which is good.
Well I think that is it for now. If you have any comments or questions, feel
free to write me on or off list.
I personally feel headphones are part of our daily lives, so why not bring
this up for discussion.
Hope you like my review.
Chat soon.

--