Chris,

The way I look at it, if you like the sound better through BlueTooth then that
is probably all that should matter.  As a matter of accuracy, though, the cable
should really give you better sound because it will be passing the full analog
output from a digital source without any of the side-effects of possible
BlueTooth bandwidth restirctions.  If you are plugging your cable into a
computer, it is receiving its analog signal directly from the computer's sound
card
which has on it a digital to analog converter.  When you use BlueTooth, the
signal is being transferred digitally via a wireless connection, just as you
said,
but it undergoes some processing and possible data compression as it is
transmitted.  These parameters can vary, though.  At the very least, though,
Bluetooth cannot make the sound any better than it originally was.  When it
gets to your earphones, it is decoded and turned into an analog signal probably
by a less expensive digital to analog circuit than exists in your computer.
The signal then passes along wires, although they are very short, from the
output
of the digital to analog converter in your headphones to the earpieces, just
like your cable does.

So are you wrong to think it sounds better?  No, I don't think so.  Something
in the Bluetooth circuitry is changing the sound in a way that fits your
preferences.  The earphones may even be better matched to the output of the
built-in digital to analog converter than they are to your computer's sound
card via the cable.  While I like my BlueTooth headphones, I think I sometimes
hear some data compression effects that are a little like low rate MP3 files
but the convenience is worth it.  The point here is really just to point out
that the reason it sounds better to you is probably not because BlueTooth is
digital.
There may even be some settings that might explain it.  Some bluetooth devices
in computers actually act like separate sound cards with their own settings
and may differ from the settings applied to the output jack of your computer's
sound card.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
er r