Hi Listers,

A few years ago, I decided that since I was using Jaws and had no need for the
screen, why should I have to be tied to the computer to use the computer.
Here's what I did.  I connected an FM transmitter to the sound card of my
computer and now use a small FM radio or my Sansa mp3 player which is tiny and
equipped with FM to hear Jaws or anything else from the sound card.  Then I
bought an RF wireless keyboard with a range of a hundred feet or so.  The
keyboard is small and light and with a transmitter built in.  The keyboard's
receiver plugs into the USB port of my computer.  With this combination, for
probably the last five years, unless I have to load a disc or do something
physical on the computer, I compute wherever I want from bed, to the living
room, to the kitchen, etc.

My only problem is that because it's an RF keyboard, I sometimes have to
physically adjust the keyboard receiver's little antenna at the computer
depending on where I am in the house.  So here's my question.  I haven't done
anything with Bluetooth and I know some of you are much more knowledgeable
about this technology.  Is anyone doing the same thing I'm doing with
Bluetooth?  I think I need a longer range, Class 1, wireless Bluetooth
keyboard.  Does anyone know where I could buy such an animal?  There seem to be
plenty of infrared or short-range wireless keyboards out there but the first
question from well-meaning sighted computer people is, "why would you want a
wireless keyboard anywhere too far to see the computer screen," <grin>.  Of
course the answer is that you probably wouldn't unless you were a visually
impaired person using a screen reader so it's kind of a niche problem.  Any
help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lee Mounger'