hello all,

having followed the descussion about wireless headsets recently, i want to
recommend another make.
i recently bought the:
Trust Freewave Wireless Headset
which works off of 2 AAA batteries and comes with a USB transmitter that is
the same size as a memory stick plus a USB extention cable.
they also make a pro version of this headset which didn't cost a lot more.
my set cost £20 including shipping which i think would be around $30 and
the pro set was about 50 percent more.
i can't tell you how pleased i am with these, they just work there's no
setting up to do just plug the dongle in, turn the headset on and the sound
is automatically transfered to the headset.
the first thing i did was to run the speech recognition wizard in windows
vista go through the basic training and then dictated an email in my email
program and after 6 sentances it had only made one mistake which supprised
me.
i then tried them with skype and after telling skype to use the microphone
in this headset as it's default microphone the sound quality for both
listening and speaking was of very good quality.
but perhaps the best thing about them came to light after i updated my hd
sound card drivers this monday, as after finishing the update and rebooting
the computer i had no sound coming out of my speakers and as i use the sapi
daniel voice obviously i had no speech.
i can't see the screen and i was at home by myself at the time and thought
i would have to wait a few hours until there was someone to look at the
screen for me.
i then thought of this headset and plugged it in in the hope it might work
and sure enough it did and i had speech again, when i checked in the
computers sound settings the new drivers had been named hd audio2 and my
second sound card had been set as the default audio driver.
they were worth buying just for this alone to know that when you get loss
of speech you can plug them in and have a good chance of getting speech
back.
since i installed the new sound drivers and set them as the default i
haven't had any loss of speech with window-eyes, but it will be interesting
to see when window-eyes stops speaking if plugging these in will give me
the speech back.

pete.