From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Walter
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:07 AM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: burning .mp3 tracks to an audio cd

Hi. Ok, if your friend is running XP then they will have windows Media
player.  The easiest way to explain this is for him to use media player.
Nero will allow him to burn as many copies of the discs as he wants but that
means obtaining software and installing etc and using a programme he already
has is simplist.

What he sees on the screen or what his screen reader tells him will depend
on which version of WMP your friend has.  I'm explaining it as I have WMP
11.  The first thing to do is to make sure that the files your friend wants
to burn as audio files lasts no more than 80 minutes as this is the max he
will get on an audio disc.  Once that is established, go to the folder where
he has the files to be burned, select them and copy them to the clipboard.
Next do aWindows key and E which will take you to "my computer."  Use your
arrow keys to find the CD drive, or it might be a DVD drive, it makes no
difference.  Once that has been located, press enter to open the folder and
then do a control and V to paste the files he wants burned into that folder.
Now, once that has been done, make sure there is a blank disc in the drive
and then go to your file menu and use your arrow keys to go up or down until
he hears "write these files to CD" and then press enter.  The first thing
your friend will be asked is what name does he want to give the CD.  You
need not type anything in here unless he has a name he wants to call the
disc, by default, WMP will give the disc a date and time as a name if your
friend doesn't.  Next tab once and your friend will be given the choice of
burning an audio CD or a data disc.  A data disc is just another way of
saying MP3 disc.  Your friend will want the first option, Audio disc.  Now
tab once to the "Next" button and press either enter or the space bar, makes
no difference which.  What happens now is Windos Media Player will be
launched.  Once it has fully launched, alt/tab to the WMP window and now tab
or shift/tab around WMP until you hear "start burn button and press either
enter or the space bar.  The files your friend has chosen will now be burned
to the CD and if he is patient as it could take as much as 10 or 15 minutes
to burn depending on the settings, the disc will be ejected on completion
and is ready to be duplicated.  However, I suggest he listens to the disc
first before duplication to check for unintended errors.  I hope this is of
help.  Walter.