I use Airport Express or Apple TV units here if I want to add speakers and I use these devices for several reasons.

Firstly, audio quality is extremely good - particularly if you can connect these devices to digital inputs of speakers, amps or whatever.

Secondly, Airport Express and Apple TV can be used with a wide variety of devices, if you got a pair of wireless speakers then you're somewhat restricted so as you can gather, plug an Airport Express or Apple TV into whatever you like whether it be that old $30.00 pair of battery operated speakers, the boombox in the kitchen or the audio phile amp in the lounge its your boat.

There are many ways Airport and Apple TV can be utilised, everything from streaming from your computer using various apps to having other devices such as amps stream to them, I wrote about some new amps from pioneer which are totally compatible with Airport Express, Apple TV and anything else which uses the "Airplay" streaming technology.

Something for you to consider anyway.