if you want, email me offlist and we could skype to troubleshoot this, it's been awhile since I used xp but I could help you with the card's manual or something. I don't know how techy you are, maybe you've already tried those sorts of things.

Dave c. bahr

On 8/15/2011 5:19 PM, Mike Mote wrote:
Dave, I'm not using Windows 7. I'm using Windows XP. I was able to do this on a Sound Blaster card before. This computer doesn't work that way, or at least not yet.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Bahr" <dcba...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: A question about muting input audio

I'm a bit confused. You want to be able to mute the audio of your line in recording but play things like skype calls? In windows 7, go to the volume control and then click the mixer button, you'll find trackbars of things that are running at the time and you can unmute and mute at will. hth

Dave c. bahr