I can't answer the first but the second involves pressing alt g to activate the equalizer and then using the left and right arrows. The window-eyes winamp ap tells me the percent of pan when I use the arrows, not sure if that's now a defalt thing or not with winamp in general, or if there is a jfw script, I assume there is. hth

Dave c. bahr