Well, yes, I have an external drive to copy things from, but this was more if I didn't have that drive with me, some way to access the library without it. I'll look into pogoplug, funny name for an application. thanks,

Dave C. Bahr

On 9/6/2011 11:19 PM, Dave Scrimenti wrote:
To copy, just copy from the desktop to an external drive, then from the
drive to your laptop. To stream, maybe something like Pogoplug.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave bahr" <dcba...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:58 AM
Subject: streaming music from home computer to laptop

Hi gang,

I've probably asked this before, but I'm wondering what I could do to
access my music library from my laptop to stream the music remotely.
Is there some sort of server type application I could get? FTP isn't
really an option as I can't forward a port from this desktop, it's on
a university network. It would be nice to copy music somehow, but if I
can stream it, that would work too. This is new territory for me so if
I haven't provided enough info, please let me know.
--

Dave C. Bahr