From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:19 PM
Subject: Airfoil For Windows, an accessibility improvement

Okay foks, here's an accessibility enhancement in Airfoil
For Windows I've been waiting for, I've written to the
developers about the issue of selecting the target for
transmission of input source for quite some time.

Up until recently the only way you could select a target was
to take pot luck by tabbing around the screen or moving the
mouse, pressing a button and hoping for the best.

Some Screen reading software such as WE allowed labeling and
customisation of the buttons but this didn't seem to work
all that well but it worked well enough in most cases.

Now output points such as Apple TV'S, Airport Express units,
Iphones, Ipads and other computers running the "Airfoil
Speakers" application are listed in the menu which is
accessed by pressing the "Alt" key, select the device you
want to transmit to, wait a couple of seconds and
transmission of your selected source starts.  Conversely if
you wish to stop transmission, select the device from the
menu and press return, transmission of audio stops.

Under new versions of Airfoil, you can transmit your source
to multiple devices or instances of computers/Iphones/Ipads
running "Airfoil Speakers" on your network.